Nothing is more alarming than discovering a slab leak in your home. If you suspect a slab leak in your home, call the experts at Affordable Plumbing, Rooter and Water Heaters right away for professional detection and repair services.
Get whole-home repiping solutions from our experts if you notice reduced water pressure. Call us to book your appointment!
How Do They Happen?
A slab leak is a water leak that occurs under the concrete slab in your home. Many issues can contribute to a water leak, however, slab leaks are a bit different. Some of the most common causes of these types of below-slab water leaks are:
- Corroded pipes from the use of chemical drain cleaners.
- Sudden changes in the ground pressure from extreme weather conditions such as tornadoes, earthquakes and more.
- Damage from construction projects that lead to crushed or pinched pipes.
- Vibrations in the pipes causing the pipe to rub against the rebar and wear out more quickly.
Why Are Slab Leaks Dangerous?
If you’ve ever experienced a water leak in your home, you will understand the stress it causes. Leaking water leads to mold and mildew growth as well as the potential for rotting in your walls, floor, and ceiling. A slab leak carries the same risks with an added consequence. Since these types of leaks occur underneath the concrete slab in your home, it’s possible for the sediment to wash away and the structural integrity of your foundation to be impacted by the leak. This is why it’s so important to deal with these types of leaks right away.
From sewer line repairs to tankless water heater installations, we do it all! Contact us for emergency service and upfront pricing in your area.
Signs of a Slab Leak
If you notice any of the following symptoms in your home, you may be experiencing a slab leak:
- Water stains on your floor
- A spike in your water bills
- Hearing the sound of rushing water from inside your walls
- Mold growing on the floor or walls
- Cold spots on your walls
- Standing water around the foundation of your home
Any number of these signs point to a slab leak. If you notice anything strange, call a professional right away for a comprehensive inspection.
Benefits of Working With Us
In addition to fast and efficient service, we also make the following promises and guarantees on each one of our service calls:
- No trip charge
- Upfront pricing
- Expert service at affordable pricing
- Family owned and operated
- 1-year warranty on all plumbing repairs
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed