Many homeowners first notice a problem with hard water when they taste the water. However, many other issues stem from it. If you’re having a problem with hard water, or an excessive amount of minerals in your water, consider a water softener to fix the issue. The experts at Affordable Plumbing, Rooter and Water Heaters can recommend a unit that is perfect for your home and your specific needs.
Get your kitchen faucet issues resolved with our help! We provide on-time service so you can get back to your daily routine.
How Do They Work?
Hard water is categorized by an excess amount of minerals such as magnesium and calcium in your water supply. These chemicals cause damage to your home and have other unsavory properties. To fix this issue, we recommend installing a water softener. Water softeners work by filtering water through a separate water tank that is filled with salt. The sodium ions in the salt bind to the magnesium and calcium, removing them from the water and leaving you with fresh, crisp and safe water to use for drinking, cooking, cleaning, and bathing.
Signs You Need a Water Softener
If you experience any of the following signs in your home, you may benefit from installing a water softener:
- Bad smelling and tasting water
- Brown or yellow stains on your clothes
- Scale buildup on fixtures and appliances
- Difficulty lathering soap
How Does Hard Water Affect the Home?
There are two main ways that hard water negatively affects your home. They are:
- Scale buildup: Over time, the excess calcium and magnesium minerals will start to build upon your fixtures and plumbing appliances. This is dangerous because it promotes corrosion, causes blockages and usually requires that the fixtures or appliances are replaced far sooner than they should be.
- Trouble washing: When hard water comes into contact with soap, it develops a slimy film that is difficult to clean off. This impacts your laundry, dishes, and even showering and bathing. Using a water softener will help keep your home cleaner.
If your home has slow draining bathtubs and sinks, you might be experiencing a sewer line issue. Trust our award-winning experts with honest and reliable solutions. Call today!
Why Choose Us
Homeowners choose us because of our honesty, integrity, and passion for top-quality work. We also include the following benefits and features that set us apart from the competition and add value to our work:
- No trip charge
- Upfront pricing
- Expert service at affordable pricing
- Family owned and operated
- 1-year warranty on all plumbing repairs
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed